Thursday, March 29, 2012

Coming back with a new challenge!

Hi fellow entrepreneurs. I am back. Over the last few months since the 12businesses in 12 month challenge was completed some really interesting stuff has happened. While i lecture on innovation at the UCT Raymond Ackerman Academy (RAA) every year Elli (the person who runs the show) and I discussed focusing on the students new ideas as well as testing of these ideas in the hope of inspiring investors to invest in them, other young people to find ideas and pitch them, and for the students themselves to start a new business. So the students have looked for great new ideas and they have found some really interesting and innovative business concepts. Each month we will highlight one new business and one new entrepreneur. Here are the ideas and the entrepreneurs in no particular order.

1. Raquel and her FUNKY SEAT BELT

2. Sizwe and his DOOR TO DOOR MEDICAL DELIVERY SERVICE

3. Charles and his VIBRATING ARM ALARM

4. Yanga and his TOI (SQUARED) brand ( I bet you are really wondering what this is about!)

5. Lauren and her NO SLIP PAVING BRICK

6. Meli and his Graffiti Boards

7. Adrienne and her device for TV/Movies for deaf people

8. Mponsi and her idea called the HANDSHAKING COMPANY

9. Chantal and her idea for ADS ON HORSE RACING

10. Taryn and her idea for PROVIDING RENTAL FURNITURE AND DECOR FOR HOMES THAT ARE FOR SALE

11. The PERSONALISED CAR ALARM

What will happen over the next 12 months is to showcase these entrepreneurs and their concepts as well as their brands and generate the buzz around being an entrepreneur, being exciting, being awesome.

I have attached some funky new brands in general as well. If anyone and i mean anyone wants to pitch a new idea then they should come to the UCT graduate school of business every Friday at 12 in Cape Town and the idea will be looked at i promise and perhaps even funded. Because we have now added a fund called SUP that will pay for the testing of a new idea....even more mindblowing and its open to everyone who pitches at the public open sessions.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Charles
    I am one of your long time fans! This is so great! Congratulations. I work for Career Planet so this is good news. Is there anywhere we can see details of the businesses ---- loved all those mentioned on the radio today. How inspiring.
    Lizanne Barnett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charles,

    Have just been glued to your entire blog since the beginning - one of the most inspiring things I've ever read.

    I live and work in Tanzania and am about to launch a training programme for aspiring social entrepreneurs (launches 2 June). I'd love to give all the guys a copy of Seeing the Leaves, but can't download it for some reason. Is there any chance you could email it to me? richardgorvett@gmail.com Right, I'm off to buy a newspaper.

    Awesome stuff

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charles,

    This is a great blog - where at the UCT business school do we go to have the opportunity to discuss businesses?

    Looking forward to your response.
    Chwayita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, well done for you creating 12 business in 12 months. I am only thinking about this, and you done this it's magic. I am really interesting in business but I don't know make which business. I think, your UCT business college is a better option for me. I want to join your college, so please give me address and contact number of your college. Market Report

    ReplyDelete