Wednesday, February 9, 2011

an entrepreneur needs to be patient

I havent written for a while but things have been happening on all fronts, maybe thats why. The stick fighting company is trying for an ETV sponsorship for a documentary as well as great articles in Mail and Guardian. Other foreign media want to showcase this product but are unwilling to pay. They are OK paying celebs but not us...so I have said no to a number of foreigners. After all it is Vuyisile and my time and we are not short of publicity and i dont think we ever will be. the next tournament is on the 20th feb in Stellenbosch where we hope to get sponsors there to see the spectacle. I also want to transmit the feed live of the fighting as I think this will take it to another level.
On the tripe business we are busy organsing the first world tripe festival on the 26th in a small park. Exciting.
The sports/fan coop should be formalised this week when i meet wih the lawyers. Everyone says it is a great idea and would buy shares in the coop. It is important for me to pick up some good media partners as well as the publicity has to be very broad and across sports codes. I suppose as an entrepreneur having patience is as important as the the dynamic wam bam thank you mam moments. Lets see what happens after Friday and the lawyers. Breath...be patient...relax

No comments:

Post a Comment